Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Evan Longoria is cleaning up



I know it's only two games, but it looks like Evan Longoria has taken a liking to batting cleanup.

The Tampa Bay Rays moved their cornerstone third baseman from third to fourth in the batting order this year, and while I've heard some chatter that he preffered batting in the No. 3 hole, the switch doesn't seem to have affected him much. So far he's 3-for-8 with four RBIs and blasted his second home run of the season Wednesday night against Baltimore.

In other words, he's cleaning up - and I don't just mean the cash he's raking in from his commercials.

Longo's been a popular pick from 2010 AL MVP, and I have to concur. I ranked him as the No. 2 3B entering the season, behind Alex Rodriguez and above David Wright, and I believe he can challenge A-Rod as fantasy's best third baseman this year.

No comments: