Sunday, April 11, 2010

Frank Francisco, you're killing me

So I decided to wait on grabbing a closer in my draft this year. Got Francisco Cordero in the 12th round and felt pretty good about that.

Decided to back him up with Texas' Frank Francisco in the 16th round. Liked that one too.

Then on April 8 against Toronto, Francisco did this:

0.2 IP, 4 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 3 ER, blown save, loss

And then he followed that up with this gem Saturday vs. Seattle:

0.1 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 0 K, 3 ER, blown save, loss

Great start, Frankie!

Will Francisco be the first major league closer to lose his job in 2010? Said Rangers manager Ron Washington after the game Saturday: "Stay tuned."

Believe me, Ron, I will.

Good thing I have Neftali Feliz on my bench, too. The young flamethrower should be the next in line for save opportunities in Texas, if the Rangers are really serious about contending in the AL West this year.

He just may save my fantasy team in the process.

***UPDATE***
Feliz was named Texas' "temporary" closer on Sunday. Woo hoo! Grab him immediately if he's available.

No comments: